Download installation Package Zip File
Click download link provided to you to access the download page.
Extract Installation Package
- Create or navigate to an installation folder for your EDAConnect Software (e.g. c:\apps\ECAD_Connector). This will be referred to as the <connectorInstallationFolder> in the rest of the instructions.
- Extract the contents of the installation package to your <connectorInstallationFolder>.
Using the example installation folder above this will create the folder.
1. Navigate to the <connectorInstallationFolder>\PlmToAltium\connector_jars folder.
This folder contains multiple PLM drivers and your Altium Vault and Altium Designer drivers.
2. Copy one database driver and one plm driver to the <connectorInstallationFolder>\PlmToAltium\plugins folder.
If you use Altium Vault as your component library chose the Vault driver. If you use Altium Database Libraries choose the ODBC driver.
NOTE: CSV driver allows you to push part metadata found in a set of csv files to Vault or a Database Library.
PLM Key Attributes
The default configuration file is for Arena PLM.
Follow these instructions to update the file for an Agile PLM environment.
1. Navigate to the <connectorInstallationFolder>\PlmToAltium\configuration folder.
2. Open the config.ini file in a text editor.
3. Search for the string plm.itemnumber.attribute =
Replace the current value "number" with "Title Block.Number"
plm.itemnumber.attribute = Title Block.Number
4. Search for the string sync.keyAttributes=number
Replace the current value "number" with "Title Block.Number,Manufacturers.Mfr. Part Number,Manufacturers.Mfr. Name"
sync.keyAttributes=Title Block.Number,Manufacturers.Mfr. Part Number,Manufacturers.Mfr. Name
Note: This should be based on your Agile names for these key attributes but these are most common in recent releases of Agile PLM.
Back to PLM Push to Altium - Quickstart